Friday, July 25, 2008

maintaining my low in selfishness

Just before the move I decided I better set aside a book to read, just in case there was some kind of miracle and Little Guy fell asleep on the plane or something like that. That miracle did not happen, but in the end I was glad I had the book available.

I picked New Spring, by Robert Jordan, the lone prequel in the internationally best selling series "Wheel of Time". I thoroughly enjoyed rereading it.

And this brings me back to my low in selfishness. Robert Jordan died of a rare disease last year, and one of my first ever blog posts was whining about how his death really put a crimp in my leisure reading plans.

But now, with his artfully placed words fresh in my mind, I feel pissed off and robbed all over again. His stories are more addictive than crack and now my supply is permanently cut off. Boo-hoo.


No comments: