Sunday, July 15, 2012

under a valley oak


Fate can be an odd, odd thing.  When I was in high school there was this guy.  He wasn't in my circle of friends but I knew who he was, just as I knew who many of my classmates were.  Years later and many miles away I met the insanely wonderful man who would become my husband.  I soon learned that Hubby had two brothers, bound not by birth but by the strongest ties of friendship, and that despite the miles I had put between myself and my hometown one of these brothers was that guy I went to high school with.

Over the years since I have come to know this brother I gained, to treasure him, and to truly regard him as family.  Over the years I have prayed for his happiness, and I have prayed for him to find his mate.  So I am not ashamed to say that yesterday as I watched him stand under a valley oak and exchange his wedding vows my heart just about burst with happiness.  My dream for my brother has came true.  It is so unspeakably good to see him so happy.

And, no, I didn't give a damn about how hot it was.

No comments: