Thursday, February 24, 2011

About a blanket

Tonight I tucked my Little Guy into bed. I pulled up his sheet, then before I pulled up his comforter I pulled up a blanket I recently added for extra warmth. The blanket was mine, mine in a time before there was babies, or even Hubby. Mine when I went to college and lived in a variety of towns, mine since my mom bought it for me sometime during my high school years, if not earlier.
Tonight my Little Guy lay tucked in his bed, with Baby Boy sitting next to him for their bedtime story and my blanket peeking out in between. As I read aloud the story I thought of teenage me laying under that blanket and falling asleep with my hopes and dreams for the future, and how now that blanket rests on a race car bed giving warmth to two adorable little dreams come true. It kind of blows my mind that I have been so blessed.

No comments: