Wednesday, September 22, 2010

a new year begins

This week brought our first day of preschool for the year. While not his first day ever, it was still a special day, a very important day for him. Last January was Little Guy's first day of school ever, and on that day when I picked him up I was given my first hint ever that something might not be right with Little Guy. Four simple words - "He doesn't talk much" - and it was the beginning of an explosion in my world. His first day this year wasn't very encouraging either. In the short time that I was there for drop off and pick up there were problems. Three small, but highly visible, tantrums. I can only imagine how the time in between went. Well, no...I guess I could ask the teacher but I'm not sure I want to know. Not yet. I'm not sure how much of his behavior can be chalked up to adjusting to a different teacher and a larger class. No other kid in the class seems to act as he does.It goes without saying that I love him beyond measure. But I worry that he is perhaps not in the typically developing range.

No comments: