Sunday, August 3, 2008

Liberty and Justice for All

On Friday August 1st my favorite aunt and her partner of 10+ years were legally married in a private ceremony. On Saturday they held a reception which Little Guy and I attended (Hubby had to work). It was quite a day.

It was a day to celebrate the love my Aunt B and Aunt S have found with each other. To acknowledge how special they each are and how happy we all are for them. They have been a unit for many years now but without the wedding there really hasn't been an occasion to do these very significant things.

I can only imagine the difficult road they each faced, just in coming to terms with who they are. I can only imagine the bravery it must have taken to be honest with the world and with their families. In spite of it all they avoided anger and bitterness and became good people who found love with each other.

I am just so freaking happy for them.

No comments: