Tuesday, December 11, 2007

super powers

I've been surrounded my whole life by moms who make the gig look easy. These amazing woman worked, kept the house clean and the laundry fresh, put delicious dinners on the table and managed all household affairs all the while raising children. I, however, find this nearly impossible and I'm not even working full time. My house has not been top-to-bottom clean to my satisfaction since...ever. If my Grandma had her vision back and could actually see my home she would be appalled...I know she would! And laundry....I swear I did 8-10 loads of laundry last weekend, and no, I did not get it all done. And now there's fresh dirty stuff from this week. Dinners? Not very often. There is, however, a generous amount of take out consumed.

My only solace is a little poem given to me by my mother in law:

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait til tomorrow
for children grow up, I've learned to my sorrow
so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep

It reminds me that although it sometimes seems intangible, I work my ass off from sunrise to sunset and frequently many hours in between. So maybe I'm just an ok housewife, but I am a good mother...and thats enough.

No comments: